We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• facsimile number;
• age or birth date;
• profession, occupation or job title;
• credit card details
• details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
• information you provide to us through contact with us or our representatives, either electronically or face to face.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
• through your access and use of our website;
• during conversations between you and our representatives;
• when you enquire about our organisation or the work we do
• when you attend our events; or
• when you donate to our organisation and/or purchase tickets to one of our events.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including but not limited to: third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other entities, government or otherwise.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
• you my not be able to donate to our organisation or purchase tickets to an event
• we may not be able to provide you with a receipt for any transactions made;
• we may not be able to provide you with information about our work, current events and/or opportunities that you may want to know about, including information about special promotions; or
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to process donations and payments to our organisation
• to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
• to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our work, events, products or services;
• to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
• to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related contractors, service providers or other third parties;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of The Y-House Foundation Inc. and contractors or service providers;
• to provide your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
• Our employees, volunteers, committees of management, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our organisation, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, payment gateway services, donation applications, fundraising providers, couriers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Y-House works with a range of service providers and contractors to enable our activities. This means that other organisations and individuals other than us may collect, access and use personal information held by us. We require these third parties through our agreements with them to comply with this Policy and Australian privacy laws.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information and that they adhere to relevant Australian Privacy Law.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
• our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and
• other third parties including but not limited to payment gateway providers and donation applications located in The United States of America
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Tel: 0409 186 897
Post: The Y-House Foundation Inc., 6/12 Parkside Street Elsternwick, VIC, 3185